I just put a new user interface on my Web Server for Chrome. I used the post 1.0 Polymer release and a few paper components. The documentation for Polymer is a little obtuse for somebody like me who just wants to code a UI without learning the detailed inner workings of Polymer. But altogether it was OK.
If you’re ever in need of a basic static web server, definitely give it a try! It’s open source with a MIT license and available on github
Ever since Chrome 44 went stable about a month ago, ChromeOS has had the ability to open up the firewall. So now the web server app can also serve files over the local network on a Chromebook. Pretty useful!